the best thing to do is to let your children lead the way.
Let them express their wants and needs and
be there to help guide them along the way.
It seems natural as a parent to always be the enforcer
and tell them where to go and what to do, especially
at such a young age. But as a parent of two independent
thinking little ones I have learned at times to take
a back seat and let them explore and discover.
Such is what I did when Sage was invited to move into
a special "invitation only" gymnastics group where
they prepare them for the next levels.
The red flag imedialty went up when I was approached by her coach.
It was pretty obvious that Sage wasn't being challanged in her class
and physically could do so much more.
I was just hesitant to designate so much time into one sport at such a young
age and wanted her to explore lots of different things.
Gymnastics is Sage's favorite thing, at least for the moment,
and so I asked her what she wanted to do.
She of course said she wanted to go to the next class
with the big girls.
So I followed her lead and she is doing fantastic!
In the car on the way to her first class she told me
"Mommy I have never been so excited about starting something
new. Thank you so much for signing me up."
Just then I knew I did the right thing in following her lead.
2 comments:
Okay, I've wiped the tears away and wanted to tell you,once again, what a fabulous Mom you are :) :)
I am so happy it is working out so well for you and Sage! Good job mama!!
Post a Comment